Friday, October 21, 2016

In Good Company

So yesterday I saw this movie titled "In Good Company". I ended up watching it with my grandparents since they have been asking me to watch it since the beginning of the school year. My mom mom kept telling me, "Travis this movie reminds me so much of you". Hearing this I really had no idea what I would be in for. Turns out the movie was actually amazing. The movie was all about "real life" situations. One of the key themes in the movie was that you can think, at first, your life is great, but really you are missing something and you don't like how your life has turned out to be. In the beginning of the movie the antagonist is this "hot shot", young businessman who has everything. By the end of the movie he gets offered the same job he had before he was fired, and he turns it down. This is huge because he was able to have everything he wanted again yet he just throws it away. Supposedly, he truly didn't love his job so he wanted to look for something more, therefore he could enjoy his life. I however disagree with the antagonists move because sometimes you have to power through your unhappiness so you can better yourself and have more material things. I am a pretty strong believer that money can in fact buy happiness. Another theme of the movie was that things can change in an instant. Two key examples in the movie were the antagonists wife leaving him after only 7 months of marriage and when people in company would get fired just because the company would get bought out by another company. This really got to me because I have a set plan for the next 10 years of my life and if I was to lose my job that plan would crumble to pieces and I wouldn't know what to do. Overall, this movie is top notch for portraying a realistic view on life and it also had some hysterical comedy thrown in as well. I believe everyone should watch this intriguingly realistic movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment