Friday, January 20, 2017

Is 24 hours enough?

At the ripe age of 17 I have already witnessed how busy a day can be. With how many activities I am involved in, almost everyday feels like it gets shorter by the second. A usual day for me involves me getting up at 6:30 am so that I am ready for school and out my door by 7:00 am. From that point on I'm in school till 2:25 pm. After that I have track practice from 2:45 pm to 4:45 pm. Once I finish that I try to go to the gym for about an hour. I don't end up leaving the gym till 6:00 pm. Once I get home I am all smelly from the long day I have to take a shower. Then once I get out of the shower I have to eat dinner which is usual an hour ordeal the way my family runs it. So now it is already 7:30 pm before I even start my homework. And me being the "smart" kid I am decided to take 3 AP's and a college course so that I could keep up with the intelligence and rigor our school is founded upon (but that's a topic for another day). So now with this rigorous course work and my amazing procrastination skills I usually don't end up finishing my homework till 10:00 or 11:00 at night. Now At 11:00 pm I try to fit in an hour of relaxation by watching Netflix. This then leads me to finally fall asleep at around 12:00 am. Then for the next day I get to do this routine all over again. Now I know that most people would tell that I am complaining to much but I would have to disagree since I wish I could even add more activities to this routine. For example, a lot of people get on me about not having a job and I simply tell them, "I would love one but were do I squeeze it into my schedule of activities that I would like to keep doing". While some days are better than others I have come to the conclusion that a 24 hour long day does not pack enough time for people to live their life the way they want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment